19 January, 2024

New life in winter!








One sight I long to capture, to create a library of photos, is the morning look of rose bushes during the winter months. 

After the pruning before the onset of winter, the rose bushes spring forth shoots that look gorgeous in the sunshine of the morning, with  dew drops decorating the serrated edges of the leaves. I have a large collection of these photos, which I revisit to be immersed in awe and wonder, takin in the silent events taking place in the darkness of the night. 

There is a certain feeling of amazement as one sees such sights that have a dazzling appearance. 

Amidst the amazement that those scenes create, occasionally one gets surprises like sighting a Speckled bush Cricket on a rose bush. I missed seeing it till I looked at the photo, because of which I could take a second photo to get a close up view (last two photos). I was hesitant to go and get the Macro lens for fear of missing it altogether. 

From what I tried to find out, the Specked bush Cricket is not common in the gardens.  So it could be something else!  I suspect that it was the first time I noticed anything like this. This was an accidental discovery, because its camouflaging colours hide it from easy visibility. 

The wonders in nature are too many to count!

If only we can be more considerate towards our environment in protecting and preserving it, we would find the nature around us reveal more of its mysteries. 

The naturalists, who want to avoid 'humanising and subduing' the nature speak about co-habitation. We live and let others live. 

As we do not pluck papaya fruits from some trees in our garden, we have surprises of new feathered friends visiting our garden!

I wish we can find more ways to make our garden a residential place for more birds!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment