13 February, 2022

At day break!





I have been looking out for a pair of Asian green bee-eater who appeared in the filed below our property now and then. Although I do have some pictures of them, I was not satisfied with the posture and composure I captured. I was at the field just before the day break  today! I spotted them on the electric cable. Their habit is flying high and coming back to the same site. Both do not fly away at the same time. They take turn. Their visibility was poor from about 200 hundred meters. I drew closer to them and positioned myself to wait for them to settle down for a while in one position. 

Just as the horizon in the east was becoming brighter and the twilight of the morning was making the pair visible I took single shot series. The camera went out of focus often as the light condition was not optimum. 

I chose the above six photos to highlight how the morning light gradually  sharpened the visibility of the eyes of both of them.  I felt pleased about the photos because the pair stayed for a while without changing their position. 

It is the light that made the single difference in sharpening the photos in that five minutes of time I got with the birds. The sun had not risen, but the the twilight was good enough to get the details of the birds. 

As I walked back home, thinking about the photography experience, I was keen to look at the earlier photographs I took just as arrived today when the birds were still grooming. This picture below is one of them. The body language did not convey a settled look.


Even the birds convey different body languages!

Yesterday when I went back to work after eight days, one colleague commented that I do not look animated and communicative as usual. 

There is a lot going on in our lives and they get reflected in our body language! 

At the end of the day as I was returning home, I thought about it further.  To be present is to be communicative! The way to stay connected with others is to gift others with a body language of interest, empathy and openness!

The sense of composure I noticed in this bird pair brought thoughts about interior calmness and exterior relatedness!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment