24 December, 2021

Avian thoughtfulness!




I kept watching the sheep grazing the field in the paddy field below our cottage! There was waterbird perched n the adjacent bush. 

A sheet got entangled in a bush of thistles. The sheep was struggling to escape. It started bleating when it got entangled even more while trying to get out. 

At that moment this waterbird flew over the goat at least three times, once close to it. 

That surprised and engaged my attention! Was it an act of kindness! The water birds are friendly towards cows and sheep and can be found adjacent to them in the field. 

This time a water bird was sympathising in the distress of a sheep!

It is nature's way of supporting each other! 

A friend came to greet me yesterday. He mentioned that he came to meet me because it was a difficult year for me. He seems to have heard that I had a difficult time over some people suspecting me to be less diligent in my work! He also heard that ours was one among the few departments in the  institution which received the 'readiness certificate' for the final NABH inspection. 

It was one occasion which lifted my spirit immensely. 

How comforting it can be for others if we can be mindful of the silent suffering people go through. Every person has a sorrowful side to his or her life! Most people live hiding it. Those who are sensitive to observe and pay attention to it in a caring way are those who would bring a healing touch in troubled times. 

I feel grateful to many, who have been thoughtful towards me when I had a valley experience at my work place! They sustained me and affirmed me to stay in hope!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment