28 December, 2021

A bird's readiness to fly upward!






I watched this bird getting ready to fly upward to land on the wall that was three feet high! The  readiness to fly is a preparation process to ensure safe landing!

I wonder whether this preparation process is thought about seriously as we make our transitions in life!

I met someone yesterday who is now getting ready to think about marriage. I liked the way he was taking small steps towards this. 

I met a shop keeper who is getting ready to have a branch of his shop in another village. He has been on this process for a year now.

I heard an officer in the institution talk about the preparation for NABH accreditation for two years now. 

I have a sense of launching into another day when I get up early in the morning. As I follow through the routine and rituals of the morning, I get a sense of getting ready for the morning. Sometimes I cut short this preparation process and such days do not have a good closure either. 

Every day is a transition journey, moving from one stage of inward growth to another stage! 

A child who came to visit yesterday, told me that he can cycle now, which he could not do about two months back. I felt delighted by his observation, 'I took time to learn to cycle'. Taking time to be ready is a sign of living with a direction. 

Jesus of Nazareth had a question to his followers: 'Which of you would not count the cost before starting to build'?

The new year 2022 is at our threshold! 

I have been making notes for fifteen days now to summarise the year 2021 and looking into the possible scenarios of 2022. During this process I realised how some things happened in 2021 when I was least ready.

To stay ready calls for attentiveness to the rhythm we want to choose to live by! 

Life is well lived when we stay ready for transitions!

M.C.Mathew( text and photo)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment