12 November, 2019

The way in!


Those who came to watch the exhibition at MOSC medical college recently had to use an entrance to a hall  which had black curtains hanging at the entrance. This reduced the visibility of what was awaiting them inside.

I saw this mother and daughter pausing and hesitating to go in!

As I unveiled the curtains for them, the inside became interesting for them ! They no more hesitated to go in!

I am a hesitant person to walk in to situations about which I know very little. I chose the specialty of Developmental Paediatrics in 1983 about which I knew very little. It took 2 years of multiple experiences of gentle reminders about the mission ahead of me before I was free to let go my interest in paediatric cardiology and choose to be given over to this specialty. 

Thirty six years later, I am glad that some well meaning friends unveiled for me the future through their affirming regard and trust. 

What I have encountered through this unusual journey path in life is richness and personal growth in life well beyond my imagination.

The companionship of many who trusted and invested in me overwhelms me.

Life is a story of the goodness of journey companions and mentors!

M.C.Mathew( text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment