11 November, 2019

My work space



It is now 36 years since I have been in full time practice of Developmental Paediatrics and child Neurology, using different work spaces in five places I worked. 

It is likely to be the last place from where I would retire.

As I sit in tis work place where I welcome parents and children for consultation, visitors, colleagues, etc. I have a warm feeling of gratefulness and celebration, because it is a friendly enough place with a warm decor. Although there is not enough space to locate a table, I do not seem to miss it at all. It is the fourth space during the last seven years that I moved into recently in the process of recent reallocations of space in the department.  The three previous spaces are now well used for different purposes which have added new facilities in the department for children.

For me this has been both an outer journey and inner journey- outer because, I feel immensely pleased with the change towards making the environment simple and inner because of the growing desire to adapt and still be content!

I love to be in the present space because it is both open and yet private enough! I take time to reflect during the in between times with the lights and fans off, which indicate to others that it is a time to pause.

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment