12 November, 2019

The Aspirational group !


I found these students from  a local school waiting to be ushered in for the medical exhibition at the MOSC medical college.

In a brief conversation, I found that all of them consider studying medicine as their first choice. The reason for it was that it is a noble and helping profession.

To have them think of studying medicine for that reason was more than exciting to me. 

One of them mentioned to me that he decided to study medicine since he was admitted in the hospital  for a chest infection. He felt the kindness of doctors and nurses and want to practice that in his career.

That too was an inspirational statement. 

It dawned on me that hospital is a place which can touch patients and change them significantly. This boy comes form a business family. For him to desire to study medicine because of his personal experience of how he was treated while at the hospital encouraged me. 

How I regard those who come to hospital is an experience which can influence them in their life choices or life style !

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment