24 June, 2015

Doctors in a carpentry session!


I was pleasantly surprised to watch these doctors doing an almost professional level carpentry work to make a garden bench for a new garden which the first year medical students were creating in the Big Bungalow premises at CMC, Vellore campus, as part of their foundation course.

I like the way the carpentry club started to promote interest in carpentry among students and faculty has already become an hub of activity with valuable creative contribution. I happened to see a recently made logo of a clinical department carved in wood with a mat finish polish, which I thought was an art piece of high quality in aesthetics, craftsmanship and imagery.  

I happened to visit the carpentry club room recently. I was amazed to observe the professional touch to its set up with advanced facilities with relevant machinery and equipment for easy start for any one for a learning journey in wood work. Whether it is for leisure or for developing into a hobby, the facility offers much prospects.

I remember the words of St. Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5:11, when he exhorts us to '..work with your hands..'! There is a fascinating journey of contentment when we design and create something in wood!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment