19 June, 2015

Father's day!

There will be Father's day celebrations globally next week!

Some of us are parents and grandparents. I wish there will be an international day set apart for  grandparents!  

As I gathered this photo for this blog post from my archives, I had mixed emotions. I was pleased with the father using a helmet in a state of India where wearing helmet is optional by law. I felt most encouraged by the safety consciousness with which he behaved.

The flip side was that there were three others in the motor bike, none with a head protective gear! 

A father is one who thinks beyond himself! He considers the needs of others in the family as his priority and attends to them with a sense of love and care!

Yesterday, I heard a three ear old child telling her father,'Daddy, you have a cycle and a car. I do not even have a tricycle'! The father turned to the mother and said, 'let us go and buy Suvita a bicycle this week end. It is the first time she is telling us about her interest in cycling '.

I was moved by this conversation. A child received attention and a response to her need!

A father's heart ought to be large and gracious. A father is also one who makes formative contributions to the life of the family members!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment