18 June, 2015

Being occupied or distracted!


I was fascinated by how a colleague managed to get a child to sit at the table to explore some toys. He is short of attention and has some needs in learning and integrating .

Every time he left the table, she would cajole him to come back to the table with new toys. For some reason, he stayed for a while with this moving puzzle box and showed some interest in exploring. She was seeking for his attention, when he had other competing interests.

Even a three year old child can exhaust us of our patience and ideas!

In this case, I was glad that my colleague contested his distraction with new approaches.

I spend this week on reflection and recollection. I am about to complete two years after my bypass surgery! 

I am examining my habits to get to know about the way I occupy my time. Sometimes distractions occupy my time rather than a planned activity. As I audit this process, I realise  that it is necessary to be in charge of the next moment as it has the possibility of being spent in a distraction! 

It is a good practice to audit our distractions periodically to find out whether we occupy our time or distractions occupy our time!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)    

No comments:

Post a Comment