03 June, 2023

Trees live for others!






The vocation of trees is to be for others- give shade, offer shelter and nesting place for birds, bear fruits, give its timber for furniture and roof building or as firewood, shed leaves to enrich the soil, give carbon dioxide...!

One of the pleasant sights that I look forward to, while on a walk is to spot birds on the trees! The birds arrive on a tree and leave at their will! The trees welcome birds all the time! The farmer might fell a tree with no consideration for the tree. A tree is for others. 

Yesterday, when a friend told me about a difficult situation, I reacted and went into a defensive mood. I was not welcoming to hear or consider the issue from another perspective!

As I went through the photo files watching these birds above, perched on trees, I felt how different I was yesterday from being welcoming of a thought an idea!

I listened to a talk yesterday by a national leader, who was throwing up new ideas in politics. Just after the talk, there were hostile remarks on the social media!

I realise how tolerance level has declined and welcoming attitude is fading away!

The trees are ever ready to welcome the avian friends anytime!

It stays with me as a thought for me to ponder upon!

The blessedness, that I can offer, by a welcoming and hospitable attitude towards others!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment