01 January, 2023

The new year message from Barbet,2023









I noticed this Barbet with a mouthful of a Bell fruit in our garden. I noticed that it was not attempting to swallow it. 

What I noticed after this was another Barbet flying to be next to this Barbet which had the feed in its mouth. It opened its bills and gave the feed to the other Barbet!

The Parakeets and Barbets in our garden show such a gesture now and then. 

Giving, is  a mindful way of living!

To give or to share can be sometimes difficult. I do not think that this Barbet had enough feed for itself, as it had only just arrived in the tree when I sighted it. It kept the feed for another one, likely to be its pair in courtship. 

Giving is a difficult option when one is in need. 

I was reminded of the event in a Synagogue, when Jesus of Nazareth noticed a poor widow, who put small coins into the offering,  although poor!

Giving is synonym with opening our hearts ! 

It is a way of living that even birds practice!

To be giving is opening the door to share, care and develop mutuality in relationships!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment