25 August, 2013

Writing with light


The meaning of the word photography in Greek is, writing with light. The invention of photography was by LJM Dagurre of France in 1839.

August 19th, every year, is celebrated as the World Photography day.

Let me present you a photograph of a butterfly, to remember the World Photograph day, taken by Canon compact camera G1X in macro mode, on 19th August, 2013 at 8.45 am in the garden in front of our cottage. This was the first occasion, I noticed a light green butterfly in the garden, since we came to live here ten months back.  

Incidentally it was in August 1981, Anna and I bought our first camera, a Kodak 35 mm, very elementary camera, useful to point and shoot. Since then, a regular refrain at home when ever I went overseas, was, 'are you going to come back with a new camera!' It is true that it is one temptation, that I could not often resist. Although I have a good array of cameras and lenses, I feel sorry that I have not used them well enough. 

I have been fascinated by sights and scenes of  nature and children. Most of my collections are of them. 

I have a poor understanding of the physics of light and have often depended on automatic shooting mode both for the camera and flash guns. I have gradually progressed in portrait shooting. Fortunately my hands do not shake and I trust it stays like that for a while. I still have some passion left with me for photography. 

I was surprised to find that I posted about five hundred pictures in my blog since I started writing a year ago. I use the pictures for meditation and learning truths of creation and ponder over of God's creative spirit. 

Anna has often thought of compiling some pictures that tell stories into a book form. It is a dream!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)    

No comments:

Post a Comment