22 May, 2023

The Daily Bread!





The birds fond food for each day. 

They are not in the habit of storing their food for the next day!

They live from the provisions they can find each day!

The fruits in this shrub would last for ever!

I found different families of Lorikeets on this tree during most of the day! The fruits did not seem to diminish!

I found this, similar to what the woman at Zarephath experienced during the time of a famine when she had just enough food for herself and her son. Subsequently,  'The bowl of flour was not exhausted nor did the jar of oil becoming empty, according to the word of the Lord, which He spoke through Elijah'( I kings 17.16) !

I carry this message upon me when, while growing older, the normal anxiety of what we shall eat or wear or where to live are questions which can trouble us!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment