03 May, 2023

Moving in the fullness of Time!

Anna and I noticed these two Lorakeet birds perched at the mouth of the hollow of a bifurcated tree trunk, while on a walk during our holiday. We noticed their body postures suggestive of readiness to move to another flight station. 



In  a short while, one flew away while the other looked sullen! Soon it recovered and composed itself to fly away probably in the direction of its partner. 



About fifteen minutes later, we noticed two Lorakeets feeding from a dry legume! I have a strong suspicion that they were the same Lorakeets we spotted earlier in our walk. 



This becomes a metaphor as we look into our lives. 

Anna and I worked for ten years in an institution, from where Anna retired first and I am still continuing. 

The movement of the Lorakeets hesitantly initially, I suspect, resulted in finding the reward of finding  feed. 

It was the movement which made that possible. 

This makes me wonder whether my time too has come to move on from where I have been involved for 11 years!

Movements are not for better prospects, but to find more content in ding less, but what is significant and critical at the transition stage of life. 

Both Anna and I are in the transition from active full time professional work to doing what we can do voluntarily, which is one aspect of the intent of retiring to be selective in engagement!

The movement is a process to find a new horizon and depth in life!

A transition time is a time of experiencing sauced inner movements to prepare for leaving to receive a new calling. 

I look forward to  the coming few months to sense the timing of the movement and the direction to which we feel moved!

A stanza of hymn, 'I the Lord of sea and sky', ;published pin 1981, came to my mind while I received these thoughts in my mind:

'I, the Lord of wind and flame,
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them.
My hand will save.
Finest bread I will provide.
Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give my life to them.
Whom shall I send?'

There is a call within a calling!

Let me hear and find the direction!



M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment