16 May, 2023

Blooming unnoticed !








I paused at this site, where a Hibiscus plant was in full bloom, on a pedestrian path, to see if people passing by, was drawn by its beautiful presence! In about half an hour, although about fifty people passed by, none stopped to receive what this collection of flowers had to offer! 

This plant bloomed but remained unnoticed ! It is a symbol of forgotten acts of kindness that we receive from others!

While walking back on that evening time after taking several photos of the flowers, I turned back to the day from morning, to recall the many acts of kindness I received which escaped my attention. 

In the list that appeared in my memory lane, I realised that I did not notice or acknowledge some acts of kindness shown to me. 

An act of kindness we receive from others is an opportunity to feel grateful and grow in consciousness to sense the needs of others!

It is also a a growing experience to continue in sharing acts of kindness when not noticed or acknowledged! 

Being silently present with thoughtfulness and mindfulness is a way of living! That is the testimony of this Hibiscus plant!

Each flower in the Hibiscus plant was a way of being present to others, although not noticed often!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment