01 October, 2021

Looking and finding!





I realised yesterday that many things happen in the garden. Often they go unnoticed!

Each of the photographs above gave me a refreshing experience of the quiet events in the garden. They are noticeable only when we go closer to look out for them! A closer look is not what is not common for me. I walk and proceed. This time I paused to behold!

I noticed something interesting in each of the flowers that I would have missed unless I went closer to them. 

In a conversation with a colleague whom I happened to meet in the car park, the conversation was all about work. The easiest conversation between people is about work and work related matters. That is an escape route from self disclosure. 

I wondered whether I reveal more of my thoughts or feelings in conversation. It is comfortable to relate to others at a thought level. At thought level, I can engage with others at any subject matter. At a feeling level, I draw people into my inner world of comfort and discomfort, which is one way of sharing more about myself and inviting others to reveal more of themselves. 

We remain confined to ourselves as long as we insulate ourselves by our thoughts and opinions; we open up ourselves when we share little more of ourselves with others, whom we can trust, about our joys and hurts which we experience. 

To be close to a few in trust and acceptance is the only way we allow ourselves to be  directed by resonances and exploring questions, which can clarify and demystify what we find  difficult to process. 

Look out for such people who can become companions to our inner world of events and experiences for us to find the clarity we need to interpret and integrate experiences. We are humans because we are created for relationships. 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment