24 October, 2021

Today's Flowers in our garden!






After three weeks of incessant rains, the day was dry, bright, hot and humid today. The flowers had a new look in the sunshine and did not look drooping with water soaked petals.

I sometimes have felt that events of some days can be heavy and give me a sense of feeling low and depleted. 

The sunshine in our lives get drowned by the events which arouse sadness and sorrow. At the end of a long consultation, when a family took time to describe the travails they had to face recently with their child getting into trouble in the school forcing them to look for another school, I felt fatigued. Before they left, one of them turned to me and said, 'We heard that you were offering physical consultation even during lockdowns during the last several months. We have remembered you and have often talked about you'. That was a moment of consolation for me. There are people whom you might not know, who carry you in their thoughts! This was a sunshine to my soul amidst the low of that consultation. 

As I walked in the garden, each of these flowers above, gave me a feeling of shining in the sunshine. Its glory was brought to it by the sun rays.

Dr K.A.Abraham a reputed cardiologist, trained at CMC Vellore, who moved on to his eternal abode on Friday at the age of 79 years, pioneered angioplasty in India while working at the Railway Hospital at Chennai. During a short meeting with him when Anna and I lived in Chennai, I remember asking him about the risky procedure of angioplasty. His response was, ''God guides me on occasions when there are difficulties with a procedure in the Cath lab'! He lived and practiced medicine with a sense of hope and comfort. He was composed and gentle confident. 

I felt carried and comforted while I was returning home at the end of a difficult day!

God gives us enough consciousness of His presence and goodness for each day to stay encouraged!

These flowers reminded me of a God who draws near when we feel heavy of heart and weary in spirit! 


M.C.Mathew (text and photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment