28 October, 2021

Sights from the field in front of our cottage!







The weather during the last one week was unfavourable for birds and animals. The sights I I saw during a late afternoon when it was thundering and lightning was the scenes above! 

The birds and the sheep family in these pictures seem to carry on in their regular pace inspite of the inclement weather. 

That was a message of significance to me!

I have felt disturbed by events taking place around me. A neighbour diagnosed with cancer, another person with a prolonged illness, and the work that I am involved in taking most of my day time stretching it to fifteen hours on some days, leaving no time for regular walking exercise.... disturbed me! 

The lamb returning its mother for its feed amidst the thundering brought a comforting sight to my soul. 

My thoughts went back to a verse in Isiah 30:!5, 'In return and rest is your salvation and in quietness and confidence is your strength'.

In Psalm, 131:2, the Psalmist stated his experience, 'Surely I have composed and quieted my soul; Like a weaned child rests against his mother'.

Yes, there is a place of rest and hope!

I received a call from the CEO of the hospital the next day. It was the first  meeting after about nine months, when he had indicated that I was underperforming and the department was not moving forward. That was a disturbing message from which I still have not recovered. This time his message was that the department was doing better and we could plan to expand the services in its tenth year and take new initiatives. 

I am not sure if I have enough energy to do that. But his words of hope and trust comforted me. 

All of us live in troubled times. To me, the worst affected in this COVID pandemic season  is children, who are now in the second academic year with home schooling. Every day I hear stories of parents and children who live with shattered hope and distressed experience of having to go on with children home bound. I too feel that children did not receive enough attention during this period. The cinema halls have opened but not the schools! 

I return to my situation! I felt yesterday at my work place that I am to be a messenger of peace and comfort to others! I turned to more intense listening yesterday! One family while leaving said, 'It is after a long time, I was able to unburden myself'!

That restated for me my mission in this troubled time!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment