07 October, 2021

Flower in complexion of colours!


It was when I spotted this flower with a blend of colours, I became even more aware of the 
colours of life!

Each of us carries within us a complexion of personalised trends and patterns.  Friendship  is an opportunity to explore this spectrum of humane nature we carry within ourselves. 

I wonder whether we give value to friendship beyond a utilitarian purpose. Friendship is an occasion to celebrate life which we share with each other and to grow in gratefulness towards God who is at work in our lives to make us open to become gracious people. 

To be gracious is a virtue and a vocation.

Someone parked the car obstructing the passage that delayed two of us to take out our car. When the person who did this discovered this, he apologised profusely. I could sense in the tone of his voice and demeanour, how regretful he was. I felt touched by the genuine apology, something unusual on the road. I found out that he too was a doctor who works in palliative care. He carries the pain of terminally ill patients. He was alive to the inconvenience he caused to us. 

I drove back home thinking that this delay of few minutes brought a gain to me- I met a caring person who felt for others!

What an inner temperament to grow into!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment