10 April, 2015

Light that gives sight!


I set out for the morning walk when it was still dark. I passed by the coconut grove without seeing much in the dark. On the way back, the morning sunshine brought the coconut grove into the full glare!

It was the light that made me see the coconuts. 

Jesus of Nazareth once mentioned referring to human beings,that 'you are the light of the world'! What a calling! To be given such a calling makes us feel most privileged and responsible.

Yesterday, during a consultation with a family, the mother asked, 'how can I find my way when everything seems to be dark!'

I realised that for many darkness is their companion. The inner darkness or confusion is paralysing and stifling! It is when we listen to others with our heart and feel with them we can let the light of hope, clarity and direction can fall on their path!  

Listening attentively and feelingly is one way of allowing the light to fall on their path!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment