21 April, 2015

Daffney waits!


I am intrigued by Daffney and some of her habits!

Now that Anna is away at Ludhiana, Daffney gets her breakfast little later than she is used to. When she sees me with the plate in the courtyard, she would look intently at me and patiently wait till I stroke and serve the breakfast. It is a custom for her to come after me after that to invite me to run  and play with her for a while. When she has had that time, she would return to her kennel and take time to eat her meal leisurely. She would be most pleased if I can sit in the verandah and watch her eat.   

Normally, being a beagle, she is in a hurry, impulsive and scent driven! But when she eats, she is patient and content!

I realise that we humans too need unhurried times when we can slow down, wait and stay content! Daffney trusts and waits of her food! How I wish I too can carry the  spirit of trusting and waiting habitually!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment