10 April, 2015

A walk way!


This long walk way of about 800 meters with plants and vegetations on either side in a retreat house on the Mahabalipuram road caught my attention because of the attention given to make it a thematic walk for those who take time to meditate on it.

Let me share my experience from watching the palm trees. By looking at the palm trees, one can guess their age because of the rings around the stem! As I watched the palm trees of different ages along the long walk way, I felt surrounded by trees who had a story to tell about their adventure into life! All of them looked healthy and well kept, because the gardeners paid attention to them. For most of the year, this terrain is dry and have to depend on other sources of water than rains. Yet not one of the palm trees had a withered or stunted look! They grow where they are planted, because they are provided for!

I felt overwhelmed by gratitude for all that  I received in my life thus far. Sixty six years in life have been years of much learning and growing due to the attention given by others. For more than half of this period in life, Anna has been the companion to walk this journey of life. I was touched by the acts of kindness, support and care she has provided to keep me inwardly alive and alert to realities.  I felt that there is lot more in life that is yet to unfold as we continue this journey together!

Let us make our leisurely exercise walks reflective and restorative! What we see and hear can awaken within us a new optic!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment