24 July, 2022

Finding what I was not looking for!


I was looking out from our veranda last Sunday around 3 pm. It was dark and cloudy and about to rain with the wind making it stormy!

I noticed a sunbird perched in a branch several meters away. That was most unusual sight. A small bird weathering a storm!

The week following last Sunday was a stormy period with three events shaking me! 

The sight of a small bird facing the rain and storm kept returning to me as I went through those three difficult experiences. 

Facing difficult experiences is not all easy, but having gone through them we grow in the art of enduring. 


The poinsettia flowers were swaying in the wind, but did not get blown away.

The staying skill and enduring will- that is what came home to me at the end of a week that was difficult. 

The Sunbird was protected by the branch and the poinsettia flowers by the plant rooted in the soil. 

We as humans are of this heritage- we live anchored in God who carries us when we feel weak to stand or walk!

M.C. Mathew( text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment