09 July, 2022

A view from a distance!



On a cloudy day and with continuous drizzle the visibility was poor!

 I noticed a movement in the palm leaves about 200 meters away. Standing in the veranda of our cottage, I saw through the 400 mm telephoto lens that a golden oriole had arrived during its transit flight. During the next few minutes before it flew off, I tried to get a close up view of the bird. With no time available to  get the tripod ready, and the visibility being poor, this was the best of the shots I was left with. 

It was one occasion, when I realised even more the profound engineering skills which create telephoto lens. It has an inbuilt system to take reasonable photographs even in poor light conditions. 

The power of a lens!

The far sight of human eye!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment