14 April, 2019

Three kingfishers in our garden!






It is the first time, I noticed three kingfisher's together in our garden. What fascinated me was that the two were seeking to be a pair from their body language!

The ten minutes of time I was privileged to watch this romance, I watched the quiet scenes in nature that tell us a lot about the way the avians behave between themselves!

I returned to our cottage feeling thrilled by being a witness to the process of selection in the Kingfisher family!

The lone Kingfisher was still in sight when I left while the pair had flown away to celebrate its new found friendship and begin the courtship!

As I reflect on the happenings in my life in the recent five weeks, I have had a few occasions of getting to know one dimension of living! Life is lived individually and collectively. It is only as much one is able to live fully and abundantly, he or she can bring the abundance of wellness to the community around.

When we had a family living with us for a week end, the two children of the family wanted to play with Dulcie all the time. She would oblige often  and there were times when she would hide away from them. Even a dog needed its private time to be able to be social.

The individual 'alone times' are life giving!



M.C.Mathew (text and photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment