17 February, 2019

Peace and goodwill !





Yesterday, I sighted this bird, probably an Emerald Dove flying between trees. It was different in colour and size from the usual doves I had noticed in our garden during this season. So I was keen to look for its pair.

Today, I noticed a pair of Emerald Doves, a male and female perched on the same tree but on a different branch.   




It is the first time I sighted a greenish dove with a white fore head with a chestnut underside of wings. 

As its brewing time is between January and May, and woeful need only a stick base for its nest, I am hoping that they woeful make the new tin one of the tall tress in our garden. 

I am still looking for nests in the garden. That would be an assurance to me that that we have kept our garden and environment bird friendly. 

Ever since I recognised the golden hour in the morning and evening for bird sighting a year ago, I have tried to go for a walk in our garden to get used to the sites where birds normally can be found. I feel I have made some progress. 

I feel terrible about lack of a proper camera system to capture their colours decently. The micro four third camera system I use because the camera is lighter in the hand, does not have telephoto lenses of the quality that one needs to photograph birds from distance.  

But sighting the birds, listening to their bird calls and seeing them fly are scenes that lift my spirit and create within me an awesome awareness of the abundance of goodness all around us!

It is two days now since forty police personnel of Central Reserve Police Force were killed in a terrorist attack in Kashmir, which has made us mournful and distressed. 

Sighting a pair of doves, who represents peace, goodwill and lot more, was a symbol of how much more we ought to long for peace in a broken world of turmoil! 

Because peace evades us, the longing becomes even more intense!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment