27 June, 2016

Almost missed!


During the walk in the garden yesterday, I was looking for butterflies. I stood beside the flowering plants and watched a few butterflies flutter around but not settling down on any flower!

It was almost after five minutes I noticed this yellow butterfly resting on a yellow flower for its nectar. 

Our sight needs illumination lest we miss sights that speak to us!

As I watched this butterfly on this flower for about ten minutes, I realised that quietness is an inner attitude arising from being nourished!

The human soul is desperate for nourishment with love, acceptance, and affirmation and yet most of us do not find them inspite of our longing or searching! And when those serene moments are given to us in some surprising ways, we get carried away by the rush of our activities. 

Every time I watch our dog Dulcey come and sleep at our feet, I am reminded of this reality that each of us can find our place of belonging where we are nourished! Jesus of Nazareth said, 'Come to me all those who are burdened, ...I will give you rest'!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)









  

No comments:

Post a Comment