27 June, 2016

A year later!




It is now one year since we planted this flowering plant! At the end of the year it is blossoming in the place it was planted!

I have watched this plant grow with a recent spurt of growth during the present monsoon season and bring out its flowers. The flowers have different hues ranging from yellow to red.

I complete four years of blogging by the end of this month and four medical students have chosen about 160 narratives for a compilation. 

There have been pauses and interruptions. For most of May and June, I have had several travels and on other occasions, when I was ready to write, either electricity or access to the net had failed!

So yesterday, as I took walk in the garden, I felt that I was absent from this plant for a while. 

One can live through the routines of the day, but remain absent from realities, sights insights! To be present to oneself and to what is around is a special gift and calling! Jesus of Nazareth spoke about 'seeing but not perceiving' and 'hearing but not discerning'.     

One way to live being present to oneself, God and others is to allow the soul to be freed from the clouds of thoughts, preoccupations and aspirations. This is what interior silence can do to all of us!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment