17 April, 2014

Summer flowers!


During my travels, I usually look for flowers to catch a glimpse of nature in different settings. During these summer months, I began photographing some flowers which have a special colour and appearance. This crimson temple flowers in the Christian Medical college campus was most striking.   The town of Vellore is rain starved and this is fifth consecutive summer, where the town is struggling to  meet the needs of the growing population of the city.

No matter whether there is water or not, I have noticed these temple trees producing these brilliantly coloured flowers to give a look of abundance. These tress usually bare of leaves stand out in a relatively  barren landscape. 

I am fascinated by the the call of these flowers! No matter what may be the circumstances, till it is possible, even in drought, these trees bring forth these flowers. These flowers bring cheer and hope.

During the season of national election in India, I have come across much hostility, aggressive campaigning and hurtful attack on each other by the political parties. I realise that human nature is confrontational and intimidating, unless inwardly seasoned by indwelling love.

I wonder, whether the leavening presence of the Church is having any restraining or transforming effect! 

If there is any time in the history of Indian democracy, it is now, when the church ought to take the role of a healing presence and holistic ministry! 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment