07 October, 2013

A home in the making

During the last two weeks, since I began my graded exercise, I have chosen the same foot path for my daily walk in the morning and evening. 

The first time I saw some strands of straw on this tree was a week back. Since then, it is obviously becoming a nest for a bird family. I have no idea of the species of the bird, which makes this type of nest. 

Now that mating season has started, it is common for us to see many species of birds in pairs in the campus.

These are the birds of the air, about which Jesus of nazareth mentioned, 'Look at them, they neither sow or reap, but your heavenly father cares for them'. He said in the context of anxiety we carry with us about 'what we shall eat, where we shall live or what we shall put on'.

Yesterday, Anna and I welcomed some medical students for a chat. They are friends of Aswathy and Anandit. During the conversation, one of them raised a question, 'How are we to plan for our future'!

It resonated in my heart because, I too have been thinking on this issue since my surgery three weeks back. 

Our future has three realities. However best we may plan, there will be still some uncertainty. Most of us need better budgeting and spending practice to reduce an avoidable financial stress. If we live contented lives today, it is more likely that we would find the future easier to face.

Think about this- the birds have to make a home every season. The adversities of weather, intimidation from other birds over territory dispute, etc.unsettle the freedom of the  birds. They still make their nests and lay eggs and have their little ones. This is the procreation cycle which transcend the adverse circumstances.

If there is a morning, there will also be an evening. There are many dependable realities. The words of Jesus of Nazareth, 'I am with you always' is one such dependable reality.

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment