28 March, 2024

New visitors!





We have an early morning new visitor in our garden- a Mongoose! It comes to the site where the cashew tree is with fruits. It searches for  fruits on the ground. 

It surprised me that a Mongoose knew that the cashew fruits are getting ripe and would fall. This mongoose came searching for fruits few times. I once spotted a mongoose underneath the cashew fruit tree biting on the fruit, fallen on the ground. I wish I had the camera with me at that time.

The happenings around us in our garden surprise me sometimes. The reptiles look for cooler place in the summer. Our gardener mentioned to me that reptiles are the worst affected in summer months for want of food and water. 

As the garden has a new irrigation system there is overgrowth of grass and weeds and the reptiles have hiding places. They look out for rats, lizards, and chameleons who live in their hide outs in the grass, creases of walls holes in the ground. 

The butterflies and dragon flies have returned, which give t garden a decorated look. 

It is summer time. It is a season of festive look in the garden!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment