30 October, 2023

Pause, consider and move!


 

I noticed that a squirrel would take pauses while on the move. It is its way of considering the path ahead !

Sometimes it looks too easy for a squirrel to move uninterrupted, but even then it would pause in between.  

Its pause is its way of sensing the way rather than only finding the way. 

All movements are characterised by three features: loosing the earlier space, finding a new space and adjusting to the new space. 

I close the 4th month since I left the earlier place of my work tomorrow. 

I asked my self during the last four months the above questions.

What did I lose!

On 30th June, 2023, the forty years in child development came to a formal closure. It brought a sense of gladness and mood of celebration. I happened to travel the path of child development not by my plan  but by an urge created within me to walk this way. I still carry with me a sense of wonder and gratefulness ! It was a season of new experiences in personal growth and engagement with children and families and to get introduced to their world of loss and search !

What did I find!

I found during the last four months an inner space which got compressed with child development pursuit. The inner space was longing for freedom to have a glimpse of a widened horizon in the daily rhythm. I felt as if I found a meadow where streams, plants, trees, birds, people, and houses with their courtyard and neighbourhood, market place, and community life exist! It is a place that envelops me with warmth and comfort. 

How do I adjust to the new place!

The quiet room, a converted garage in our courtyard, is a symbol of the history of the last forty years, where I spend most of my time during the day. I felt ready to make a biographical journey of peeks and valleys of the life of forty years. I had my first outing last week for a meeting. The presentation I was asked to give, evolved effortlessly and contextually. I felt prompted to summarise my thoughts to bring a reflective ambience in the listeners. I experienced freedom of communication. It was different from my usual presentations, in the way I experienced it. 

After four months of pause, I shall continue my movement now!

This movement is outward and inward!

Outward, as I foresee opportunities to be in a formative role relationally.  Inward, because, I feel prompted to be biographical while engaging the depth within. 

A squirrel through its pattern of moving with pauses and sensing its path forward, awakened within me some thoughts about the way to be myself!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment