26 March, 2023

Presence and giving!


The Ixora plant in our front garden has this blossom for a month now, bringing a colourful look inspite of  high day time temperature! It gives it nectar to the bees and butterflies. 

Its quiet presence is what strikes me each day. It seeks no attention. It draws its moisture from the lawn adjacent to it. Even when we forget to water it, it is giving!

For some reason 'giving' has been a prime theme in my thoughts in the recent weeks.  

To be able to go beyond oneself to think of others is a call that comes to me every day! The immediate context for me is to make conversation time that I had with families of children with developmental needs is the focus of my attention and thought. At the end of the day at 7.30 pm after being in touch with twenty families through the on line contact, I asked myself, 'how much I have made others feel that they are focus of my attention'! To listen to receive and give my full attention! 

Giving time and attention is the beginning of being relational!

To so give that you meet the unspoken needs of others is a calling!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment