25 May, 2018

Small is beautiful!


Of late I have been looking for small flowers and appreciate their richness of colour, texture and formation. 

One thing that held my attention about this plant is the number of buds in each stem!

At spring time it offers itself in all fullness! 

It is awful to hear about the police firing that killed thirteen people in Tuticorin in Tamil Nadu! The police used fire arms to disperse the gathering of people who were protesting against the copper plant that is damaging the environment!   

I wish all those in authority would be open to others to feel with those who suffer. 

When I heard that students in a college are grieved by the management imposing a uniform dress and none to listen to them, I realise how authorities fail in their role as mentors, providers, helpers and carers! 

I returned to this flower to remind myself, that our calling is to serve others and offer ourselves for their well being! 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment