25 May, 2018

Bird song


Anna  and get up hearing the bird song in our garden. There are a few birds who visit us two or three times in a day. Although our attempts to domesticate them have failed, they are happy to perch in some trees for short periods and fly between the trees.

While visiting another place recently, I heard a black bird sing. It was music in my ears. While talking about it with a bird watcher, I was told that its birdsong is so distinct that it can be easily identified from far off. It is one bird who is happy to stay near the human habitation!

They are not overcome by fear, because of which they sing from within!

We have  distinct disadvantage as humans. Our fear, anxiety, or caution affect the way we see, hear, communicate and relate! All these emotions reside within us.

A three year child came to me and wished me by holding my hand, although I met him for the first time. There was spontaneity even at that age! But as we grow up, that gets replaced by fear or caution!

I have taken time recently during my travels to meditate on this! A statement Jesus of Nazareth made while talking to his followers caught my attention: Love casts out fear! 

The first step towards growing in the grace of love is to become mindful of others!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment