01 April, 2018

The existential risks!



Two cluster of buds in the same rose bush!

In the first photo a bud is about to open and in the second, a moth has already found the bud for its feed and would be denied of it becoming a flower!

I looked at this contrasting sight with some disturbance! 

Having spent thirty-five years with children who were denied their 'full life' because of the neurodevelopment insults they suffered during their mother's pregnancy period, at birth or thereafter, I have remained with a question, 'How come this happens'! 

One person who accompanied Anna and myself for thirty years in a way that was touching and inspiring was a a person who, she wrote farewell letter to us, where she blessed us abundantly!

It is because of  such experiences in life, I have been able to rephrase my earlier question to, 'What is special about this person',  when I meet with a family who has a child with developmental needs!

As I prepare myself to retire from professional life during the course of this year,  what stays with me are the joys of life hundreds of families brought to Anna and myself during the last thirty five years!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment