07 January, 2018

Small things made visible!


This is the macro lens I would have used hundreds of times in the last 20 years since I first procured it. The macro lens magnifies the small things! Some of the photographs I have taken with this lens created new perspectives for my thinking. In fact I was drawn into the different stages of the metamorphosis of butterfly with the use of this lens.

Do small thing matter! Of late I have been following the way the tiny spider weaves its web! It creates a web of about one foot circumference. It is a piece of art to look at!

Small things are beautiful. Small acts of kindness are touching. We need prepared eyes and primed heart to receive them. Our hearts feel and ponder over matters when we feel touched.  

So we need to have our eyes tuned and heart primed to feel the small things of life! 

Many children who come to visit me in my work place reach out to touch me or shake hands ! It is only recently I have begun to feel the warmth in their touch! It is that warmth that stays on to refresh me in a demanding day! We need to let our hearts to feel the small experiences and enlarge the impact of them in daily living! It is one way of developing a contemplative interior to our lives!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment