15 July, 2013

One year of blogging

On my birthday this year, I completed one year, since I started posting my random thoughts on this blog. It was Anna, who prompted me in to this habit  on my birth day in 2012. I am glad for this experience for three reasons.  

It gave me a discipline to gather my thoughts at a time when I have been in transition and relocation. The habit of  sharing from my life experiences helped me to exercise the practice of recall and recollections. It is helping me to be more attentive to happenings within me and outside. 

On this birthday, I noticed this spider weaving its web in the porch between pots of plants. This spider has grown bigger since then and  changes its position often. It survived the rain and strong wind thus far. I thought initially that the web was too delicate to escape the wind and rain. But the web proved to be resilient and stable. 

This came to me as a message for my transition to another year. The circumstances can be pleasant or unpleasant, but life  can go on. It would involve an inner motivation and purpose. 

On the same day, I watched the a pair of Mac pie in the garden in romantic play, in the drizzle. It was another message that to 'live is to be free and present'. 

Amy and Arpit and Aswathy and Anandit made a special effort to be present on the occasion. That completed my joy. Anna mentioned to me that 'you are younger at heart'.   

During the nine months since our relocation, each day has had its blessings and challenges. Sometimes it made the journey demanding, but worthwhile. 

As I look forward to another year, I want to live fully and restfully.

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)               

No comments:

Post a Comment