28 August, 2023

Something good each day!



The sights that drew my attention at day break today were the following scenes. 

The sky had a dusky look; one tree across the field had many tender leaves; the morning sun rays brightening the tender leaves in the cashew tree in the garden and the Mussaenda flowers and buds decorating the edge of the garden!

At day break, these sights created a mood of anticipation within me of the different events, each contributing to create the fabric of the day. 

Yesterday, a friend telephoned to say that his four months old baby needs hospitalisation due to a chest infection. He spoke in a subdued voice. 

A family visited with thier daughter who had a deformity of one leg for which, she is under medical observation about the next step of treatment.

Our neighbour spoke about the water scarcity in villages around us due to the failed monsoon. During the month of August, we are used to daily rain fall normally. It did not happen this year. 

On my walk I met a senior citizen, who has not recovered from the weakness of one side of the body following a stroke three months back.  

A neighbour who lost his wife following a brief illness is staying alone in his large house. 

As I recall these experiences of just one day, I realise that one needs to create an inner ambience of hope and peace.  

I heard one of our grandchildren say, that there will be something good every day! 

That is an insightful thought to live with!

The flowers and buds in the Mussaenda represent that optic!



When I saw and heard this wood pecker giving away its loud bird call from the summit of a dead coconut palm, I too felt that there is something good in every situation!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment