19 August, 2023

Small and beautiful!




The birds in the mountain terrain have a better visual appeal, because of their rich colour complexion. 

This black throated Munia and its pair caught my attention as they remained in the same vicinity of the house for three days,  where I was living in a hill station. It is not a touristy place, but sufficiently wooded with heavy undergrowth for the feeds to find their feed. 

I liked the way they behaved, giving time for photography although the poor light conditions hampered the capture of their original colour complexion. 

I kept looking at their eyes because of their gazing look!

They moved between shrubs and the ground and not flying up to reach the tall trees. 

I find that the small birds have a style of behaviour. They are more comfortable to be in twos of threes or even in larger groups.  

The Munias have different colour combinations based on which they  are named differently. It was the first time I spotted a black throated Munia. They are  birds worth looking out for, as they are friendly enough and can be found near human habitations.   


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment