21 April, 2023

A mid Day scene !


The clock on the tower is about to strike 12 at mid day. But its visibility was cloudy with mist following a cold and cloudy morning !

I remembered occasions when the sight is cloudy and not clear, not because of the weather, but because of inner perception. 

I heard a difficult news yesterday, which rushed some people in to my thoughts. I wondered how they have not been supportive or open on some matters. I felt how they got reduced in my attitude towards them because of the disappointments on account of their responses on some issues. 

The clock tower and the clock could only be seen faintly in the mist. They do not get reduced in their nature and character because of the mist or how poorly I can visualise them. 

I sensed how one can get so subjective with strong feelings that others are seen through that optic. 

The inner vision is a defining optic!

I was helped to revise my attitude towards others, even if they have been difficult on some occasions! This is a journey often started but not continued!

I keep others prisoners of my expectations because of which I view some through my biased impressions of the past. 

I felt that this too is a pilgrimage. Move from a position of bias to be open so that others receive acknowledgement and recognition for who they are and not conditioned by what they are to me!

Seeing others as they are, as they are also created in the image of God!

Seeing others well, is one way of enlarging one's own vision!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment