24 November, 2022

A movement forward!





As I watched this sunbird moves between twigs, I noticed how it remained suspended in the air for a short while! A bird is well equipped to remain suspended in the air as it has its wings to fly!

Moving forward is often a difficult choice one has to make. I met a father who is now moving to Delhi form his present job. It took about six months of preparation to feel ready to quit his job which gave him professional prospects for ten years. To move from the south to the North India, and find a suitable school for his five year old son was a major hesitation to him. What made him choose to make the move was that, he was forty years old and opportunities would not come his way often in view of his older age in the management circles. He had some serious questions about the risks involved!

As I listened to him, I realised that most of my decisions come from the pressure of circumstances. Some decisions I made volitionally did involve risks, but the risks got subsumed in the process of making the transition. 

All movements in life which involve pursuit of a vocation or calling would pause challenges and risks. But the inner strength which is a gift of insight, that we receive as we stay at the cross roads in our lives, is the resource of resilience when faced with transitions in life. 

I face new transition challenges in my health status. As I have been faced with a few of them in the recent weeks, I realised  how occupation with readjusting to the changes in the body can take attention away from the calling, which is what moves us forward in life.   

To be in a voyager's outlook to life is what makes movements forward possible even amidst constraints and challenges. 

I found inspirations from the book of Proverbs 8:20: 'I walk in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of justice, to endow those who love me with wealth, that I may fill their treasuries' !

Living is for giving!

To so live that from the fullness of life we create provisions for others!

This consciousness liberators us from preoccupations about what we do not have and fill us with an awareness of  how plentifully we are blessed to be available to others! 


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)






No comments:

Post a Comment