09 January, 2019

When a bird sings !





I spotted a small bird, probably a Sunbird far away, where small birds appear at dawn. As I waited looking through my 400 mm lens, I could hear its birdsong faintly!

I decided to wait further. 

After about ten minutes another sunbird appeared in the adjacent tree top! (third photo)

Male birds sing during mating season to invite mates. 

What a fascinating sight and thought!

There is a language beyond sound when a bird sings! It is a music to the potential mate!

There is language of caring, affection, appreciation, affirmation and acceptance. 

Between humans it is one way of bridging relationships. 

I have been made aware some of these values in human communication, since I began observing birds and their behaviour during the last few weeks!

I have been used to keeping a distance when I feel uncomfortable with someone! This reinforces the distance. The perception of the person or a situation when becomes highly subjective, we create the distance!  

I am now dwelling on this question: How to communicate even when feeling uncomfortable in a caring away!

Others are always in our orbit of contacts. It is necessary to live acknowledging and receiving them!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment