09 January, 2015

Floating candles!

I found cluster of candles arranged in this pattern at a  chapel during a wedding service. It was the first time I came across such a decorative use of candles by floating them on glasses of water. 

Candles by themselves when lit during the day or night add a distinctive decor to the occasion.

What was different with this decorative use was the way glasses of different heights and candles of different colours were used. The dry twigs devoid of their leaves provided the support for  the candles to stay without any movement. 

The creative art patterns are exquisite when simple and easily available  materials are  brought together to give a symbolic meaning. 

On of the the artists, whom I met mentioned to me that the twigs represent the support for  the married couple who float in the ocean of life well secured in the confines of God's protective encircling presence.

Simple things can convey profound meaning. This was one of them. I almost missed its meaning. Thanks to the artist who revealed it to me!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

    

No comments:

Post a Comment