02 May, 2016

The morning has broken!


This picture from my photo library, taken in our garden three years back immediately after an evening rain has remained special for me!

During the rain, the accompanying strong wind uprooted teak trees in the property, but this fragile flower remained intact! The butterflies do not come to damaged flowers. They smell the scent of nectar and come to the flowers. So this flower escaped the wrath of the storm with nectar in store!

This bush with flowers were between two other shrubs, whose branches broke away in the wind. But they protected this plant and its flowers. 

I wish we make a list of protective experiences we have had each day. Yesterday I stumbled twice, once while climbing the steps and the second while on the morning walk. Both times, I was able to balance myself from falling.

It is good to recall and rejoice how we feel protected inspite of our fragility! Most of what comes as protection are surprise experiences! 'He who watches over us neither slumbers or sleeps' 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment