23 February, 2014

During a walk !


During the morning walk, I sighted these two scenes during the same week, the butterfly and the warblers both of them engaged in something that drew my attention.

The butterfly was feeding on the honey and providing pollination. The warblers were engaged in romantic communication and pairing. 

The nature is the theatre where life is formed and nourished. It happens all the time and only occasionally we pause to receive the fullness that it can bring to us!

I continued my walk on both days carrying the sights in my heart. I started my walk in an agitated mood over what happened in the shop the previous day, when the shop keeper refused to me give me a change of five rupees saying that he had no coin or currency equivalent to that. I felt intimidated and exploited over his behaviour.

As I watched these and some other sights during the walk, I realised that we are surrounded by larger scene of beauty, richness, provisions and profoundness. I had dropped my camera case during the walk, which someone found and brought back walking all the way to where I lived.

We are easily prone to be irritable, angry and reactive. We need to guard ourselves from such a tendency knowing that we get good deals and acts of kindness most of the times. 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)  

No comments:

Post a Comment