14 April, 2024

The strength in fragility !




 
I walked through our garden after the windy rainfall yesterday. 

What surprised me was the sight above, of the fragile leaves and flowers remaining intact, although few branches of the tall trees were blown away. 

The plants are almost at the ground level and the tall trees take the brunt of the fury of a storm. The weak stem of the Lily sways in the wind but is seldom broken in the wind!

The protection that comes from the tall trees for all plants and shrubs in the garden! 

That gave me something to dwell on! 

Our wellness is a result of care and attention that we receive from all around us. On our own, we are vulnerable!

When the washing machine broke down yesterday, the mechanic arrived in a short while to attend to it. Although the repair would take a few days, his arrival gave me a message, that there is provision to add to our wellness through the thoughtfulness of others. 

I wish I can stay with this view of interdependence! We are weak and prone to feel helpless, but for this protective cover which is all around us. 

In psychological language, each of has our grounding skills in a protected environment. 

I confess that the sound and fury of the wind yesterday made me anxious. What if there is power breakdown and one has to go without the fan in a hot and humid day!

When I saw the plants and flowers survive the wind, I felt encouraged about the protective cover that is all around us. When we feel affected in spite of that, there is still something beyond, which would still be protective. 

Oh, that we would stay hopeful is spite of the stabbing incident in Sydney that a killed a child and mother and Iran threatening for a war with Israel!

The sound and fury of all that is ugly is all around us! But I wish I can stay anchored in the sight of the fragile leaves and flowers survive the storm!

The abiding presence of God to keep our hope alive is best experienced in such vulnerable situations!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment